Paper does not refuse ink. Modelling helps to check selected technological solutions and to «enliven» passenger and baggage traffic on the passenger terminal layout.
Simulation modelling helps to develop special software to imitate passenger and baggage traffic through the designed terminal in real time mode.
For example, you can set the number of passengers going through check-in and after that you will see the process of line formation, check-in speed and time of handling per passenger:
After a model has been developed the terminal is modelled with various incoming data so it is possible to see passenger traffic at the terminal layout and to identify weak points:
- crowding of passengers
- congestion and «traffic jams»
- free spaces
Results of such modelling help to make changes in the terminal design and optimize passenger traffic.
Modelling of technological units and systems
It helps to check correctness of technical solutions in the process of project development and, if necessary, to make corrections. At the stage of terminal project development it is necessary to model working process of following technological units and systems:
- Terminal navigation system
- Passenger check-in zone
- Baggage handling system
- Security checkpoint
- Border crossing control checkpoint
- Customs checkpoint
- Baggage reclaim by arriving passengers
- Consolidation of departuring passengers’ baggage
At the stage of development of passenger terminal project it is necessary to analyze following parameters of passenger and baggage handling in order to estimate quality of the designed solution:
- Time of standing in line at the check-in counters
- Time of passengers checking in and baggage handling
- Number of checkpoints and their arrangement
- Time of work of baggage handling system: time of suspicious baggage inspection
- Time of passengers passing through to the sterile area
- Time of passing through departure formalities under conditions of flights delay
- Time of passing through border control
Modelling of flight schedule and peak loads
Modelling of flight schedule makes it possible to download particular arrival and departure schedule into modelling programme, to identify the load and to make a visual check of technological zones operations. Such modelling helps to make optimal choice of technological equipment: to avoid excess of check-in counters, to find correct quantity of checkpoint equipment, floorspace of baggage reclaim zone as well as optimal shape and length of baggage carousels.
Modelling of baggage consolidation zone and passengers’ departure zone helps to use necessary quantity and types of airport apron special transport depending on peak loads in the flight schedule.
- Passenger loading stands
- Passenger apron buses
- Catering highloaders
- Cart trains: tractors and carts
- Self-propelled conveyor belt loaders
It helps to model failures in airport operations, for example what will happen if flights are delayed because of fog. How it will affect time of waiting for passengers, how many people will be in the assembly points, how soon passengers will be able to depart after departure clearance? Flight schedule modelling will answer these questions.
Solution check and minimization of expenses
Simulation modelling makes it possible to check solutions, to minimize number of technological equipment and to optimize usage of floorspace. Modelling helps to avoid excessive expenditure associated with building of a new terminal or reconstruction of an old one and to answer the following questions:
- How to reduce the time of passing through departure formalities with mininal expenses?
- How to reduce the time of servicing aircraft at the airport apron with minimum purschase amount of special transport and equipment?
- Where to direct the budget in the first place in order to increase airport traffic capacity?
Contact us and we will help you to improve your project to technological perfection!